This is a standard staple that is designed to take on the common cold.
Lots of people make it in a variety of different ways. This is my way of making the most of a traditional recipe. This regularly features on my lunch menu. Whether you’re single or have a large family, you can make a large batch of this, and refrigerate it in air-tight containers.
It will stay good for up to 5 days, and is a quick, easy and filling midday meal.
- 1 kg of ground chicken (thigh mince)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 finely chopped medium sized onions
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 6 cloves of finely grated garlic
- Half a bunch (1 cup) of finely chopped spring onions
- 3 table spoons of salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 table spoon of vegetable stock
- 3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 litres of boiling hot water.