10 Great Locations for Long Exposure Photography in Singapore
I’ve lived in Singapore since 2016, and it has now well and truly become home for me. While my interest in hardcore photography has waned over the years, I still enjoy going out and now shooting with my mobile phone and mobile photography kit.
A few weeks ago, an old friend of mine from Australia was in town. A photography enthusiast as well, he asked me for a recommendation of locations where he could shoot some good long exposure images. Here is my list of recommendations:
- The Fountain of Wealth at Suntec City. Easiest way to get here in on the Blue Line and get off at Promenade.
- Merlion Park: You can walk here from a Suntec via the underpass, or take the train and get off at Esplanade.
- Marina Bay Sands (from Merlion Park): There is a laser show here at 7:30pm and 9:00pm every night. Shoot from the far side. This is a short walk from Merlion Park.
- Marina Bay Sands from the Promontory. Once again, I’d recommend taking advantage of the laser show. This is a quick walk around the bay from Merlion Park.
- The Singapore Skyline from Marina Bay Sands where you’ll see the Financial District. The closest MRT is Bayfront on the Blue and Yellow lines. One can compete a loop of Marina Bay from the Promontory.
- The Helix Bridge towards Marina Bay Sands. Best timed with the laser show, this is a short walk from the ArtScience Museum in front of Marina Bay.
- Gardens by the Bay from under the Singapore flyer. It’s a side view and you’ll see Supertree Grove beautifully lit. This is a short walk from the Helix Bridge.
- The Singapore Skyline from Gardens by the Bay East. This is a little difficult to get to for tourists. It involves walking or getting on a bike.
- National Stadium from Tanjong Rhu… again, a little difficult to get to for tourists. Closest MRT is Stadium on the Yellow Line.
- The Jewel at Changi: Schedule this for when you depart Singapore. It’s at the airport, so allow yourself some time before you depart, after dropping off your checked baggage.